top of page


Meet Our General Partners
Need more details? Contact us

We are here to assist. Contact us by phone, email or via our Social Media channels.

General Partner Bios
Roger Shanafelt

Roger Shanafelt is a second generation owner at Mana Kai Maui. He has been coming to the MKM with his wife Cari and 4 children since 1990. Cari’s parents, Ken and Carolyn Martin, were original owners at MKM. Now, along with his wife and her siblings Julie & Troy Phelps and Gil Martin, they collectively own units 604 and 704. Roger’s professional career is in sales and marketing leadership roles for high tech firms. Roger also serves as the President of his college alumni rowing association as well as his homeowner’s association.


He resides in Mercer Island, Washington. When he isn’t working or planning his next trip to the MKM, he is coaching his kids in baseball, playing tennis, skiing, cycling, running, golfing, or cooking.


Roger has been a member manager of the Resort Hotel Association limited partnership since October of 2010.

Bob Babbit pic.jpg
Robert (Bob) P. Babbitt

Bob and his wife, Sylvia bought their Unit at the Mana Kai in March of 1997 and have been part of the Limited Partnership for the same period of time.


Bob has been a licensed Attorney in the State of Illinois for 46 years and his practice consisted in a number of areas.  Around 20% of his practice was in real state law, involving real estate closings, preparing condominium declarations and related documents for builders and other related real estate matters. In the past, he was also the President of a Condominium Association in Chicago, Illinois.


Bob also has a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. As part of his law practice, he did Federal and State Income Tax returns for his clients. Bob retired from his Law practice in 2022 and along with his wife are now spending more time at the Mana Kai.

Gerald (Gerry) Terwilliger

Gerald (Gerry) Terwilliger and his wife Rosalyn bought their first ¼ interest in unit 301 in 1987. They didn’t stop there, in the next year, he purchased 305, and 75% of 206 with his son Bobby owning the remaining 25%. In 2016, he bought out the remaining partner in 301 and owns 100%.

Gerry retired as President and CEO of Connecticut Motor Club AAA at the end of 2009, having held that position since 1990. He is a graduate of the University of Connecticut. Prior to working for AAA Motor Club, Gerry worked for over a decade in the insurance industry.

Gerry and Roz have four children and reside in Farmington, CT. He enjoys relaxing at home and in Maui and traveling to places he has never yet seen and he is well traveled through out the world. Gerry is the “Senior” member of the General Partner’s. Dottie Brown asked Gerry to fill a vacancy short-term some 14 years ago.

bottom of page